Friday, February 20, 2009

Love the one you're with



“Love the one you’re with” These lyrics seemed to have spontaneously appeared in my brain and now I can’t help writing them and singing them all day and night! I think this simple little sentence can be a simple little lesson to most… “Appreciate what you have!!!!” Yes, you’re significant other can be a pain and he can ask you if you have ever seen a Harry Potter movie even though you saw one on your very first, yes that’s right, FIRST date EVER! I will still excuse that idiotic slip up because at the end of the day, he’s the one I’m with and he’s with me and we both have neuroses that we must deal with in an attempt not to drive the other one to suicidal tendencies. So I guess all I’m saying is not to ignore all that little stuff that drives you to the brink of insanity, but to embrace it and say over and over to yourself “I will not let the fact that he cut the cheese wrong for his own grilled cheese put us in divorce court.” No, I will shut my mouth leave the room, not make any mention of this horrible wrongdoing. I can always buy more cheese and I’m not even going to eat what he made, so get over it! Yes folks…. “Love the one you’re with.”

No comments:

Post a Comment