Saturday, June 2, 2012

Kids will be kids

I look at my son most days and i try to remember what it was like to be a kid. Honestly most of the time it doesn't feel like it was that long ago when i was playing in my kiddie pool...oh wait, that's probably because it wasn't, it was yesterday. Difference is, i was having a drink.. But you get my drift right? i mean to really play.... innocently, enthusiastically, with no preconceived notions about anything. When you become a parent a lot of that seems to disappear. You now have to be the responsible one. Every day I need to feed and cloth my child and hope that he makes it through to see another day. Some days i feel the same as when i was 17 but i know i'm not the same person who drove around in the '85 Nova with a license plate that read "80's Hair". Life has shone it's sun on me and beat it's rain so hard that I barely have had room to come up for air. I don't have control over everything and that's ok. Most of the time it's better to relinquish the control, the freedom to be yourself takes over and ultimately the kid in you can finally come out and play!

No comments:

Post a Comment