Saturday, March 14, 2009

Oh, Mr. Golden Sun



Do you remember the feeling you had the night before your birthday or Christmas Eve waiting for Santa Claus? I used to lay in my unicorn clad bed barely able to keep my eyes closed, smiling just a little to myself and wondering how i would ever make it through the next eight hours of darkness.
Waiting for Spring is like waiting for Santa Claus, especially if you live in the midwest, where 6 months out of the year the view from your window looks like a snow globe. Right around this time i start to get antsy, i crave sun, i just want to be able to wear my sandals and not have my toes freeze off! A few warm days are bliss but they are only a tease because you know that cold, wind and snow are lurking just around those March corners. The anticipation of being able to walk out of my house and have my pale toes touching the cement is just too great. Oh Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun won't please come out and play!

No comments:

Post a Comment